How do I manage my childs Goldenhar syndrome symptoms on a daily basis?

Symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome vary and may require different types of daily care. For example, your newborn may have difficulty nursing. An older child may need regular orthodontist care and/or speech therapy. Depending upon your child symptoms, discussing a treatment plan with a team of specialists is a good way to understand how to care for your childs symptoms.Pre- and post-operative care for plastic and reconstructive surgeries may also be necessary.

Continue Learning about Goldenhar Syndrome

Can symptoms of Goldenhar syndrome be treated before birth?
Your doctor may be able to detect irregular physical symptoms using an ultrasound. However, they can...
What is the prognosis for children with Goldenhar syndrome?
The majority of children born with Goldenhar syndrome have a normal life expectancy. With surgery an...
Will Goldenhar syndrome deform my child jaw?
Golden syndrome symptoms vary and commonly affect the eyes, ears, mouth, cheeks, neck, and jaw in di...
How does Goldenhar syndrome affect the body?
Goldenhar syndrome affects the tissues and bones in the face and skull. Facial features, including t...