How does glossopharyngeal neuralgia affect the body?

The affect of glossopharyngeal neuralgia on the body depends on what is causing the condition. Often it is because a blood vessel is pressing against the nerve. This pressure interferes with the nerve's ability to pass messages between the brain and the throat, tonsils, or tongue. Signals may be sent but then disrupted by the pressure.

Continue Learning about Glossopharyngeal Neuralgia

How do I manage my glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis?
Managing your glossopharyngeal neuralgia on a daily basis can be difficult. Episodes often occur spo...
Should I see a doctor about my glossopharyngeal neuralgia symptoms?
If you believe you are experiencing symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia, it is a good idea to see...
What are the symptoms of glossopharyngeal neuralgia?
The main symptom of glossopharyngeal neuralgia is severe pain occurring in your throat, tongue, or e...
What is glosso-pharyngeal neuralgia in multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Neuralgias, or nerve pains, are among the more common of the rare multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms. ...