What are the benefits of Siberian ginseng (eleutherococcus)?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
This hardy plant is known to survive brutal Siberian weather conditions. Many plant experts believe it can confer this strength to those of us who take it. Human studies seem to support this idea. One study of 45 men and women revealed a 40% reduction in raised heart rate during stress overall, and up to a 60% reduction in women. Other studies showed eleuthero lowered blood pressure and eliminated symptoms of angina. Interestingly, as a true adaptogen, it seems to help raise blood pressure in those with low blood pressure.
Holly Lucille, ND,RN
Health Education

You don't have to turn to chocolate and wine to de-stress, thanks to Siberian ginseng. In this video, naturopathic doctor Holly Lucille describes how this natural supplement can help your body better handle stress.

Continue Learning about Ginseng

Who might benefit from Siberian ginseng to help reduce stress?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
The person who benefits the most from Siberian ginseng (eleutherococcus) is a stressed person with...
What is the best way to take ginseng?
The best way to take ginseng is by mouth. Because one of the uses for the supplement is to lower...
Should I let my doctor know I’m taking ginseng?
Yes, you should let your doctor know you are taking ginseng. Ginseng can interact with certain presc...
How Does Ginseng Work?
How Does Ginseng Work?