What is the maximum daily dosage for ginkgo biloba?

Ginkgo biloba is available in a variety of product types. The recommended daily dose of Ginkgo biloba is a total of 120 to 240 milligrams divided into two to three doses.

The time limitations for using Ginkgo biloba correspond to the condition:
  • Gingko should be used for at least eight weeks if treating impaired memory. Gingko may be used for more than three months if there is evidence of continued effectiveness.
  • For disorders of blood vessels in the general circulatory system, the recommended use of ginkgo is at least six weeks.
  • For vertigo or tinnitus, use should be limited to six to eight weeks, unless there is evidence of continued effectiveness.

Continue Learning about Ginkgo

How can Ginkgo biloba affect blood circulation?
Ginkgo may improve blood circulation. Improvements are documented for patients with insufficient...
Can I take ginkgo biloba and ginseng if I take BP medicine?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
You should discuss this with your doctor, especially the specialist prescribing the blood pressure m...
Who should not take ginkgo biloba?
Do not take gingko biloba if you know you are allergic to it. Do not take garlic if you take blood-t...
What should I avoid while taking ginkgo biloba?
While taking gingko biloba, avoid certain drugs that may adversely interact with this supplement. Th...