Why is slow weight loss better than fast weight loss?

Dropping 10 pounds quickly sounds tempting, but fast weight loss never lasts. In addition, the weight loss is almost always a result of water or muscle loss rather than fat. The answer to long-term weight control is learning to consume the same number of calories as you burn.

Try to keep a food record for at least three days. Pay close attention to the amount of food you consume and portion sizes. Also, record how much and what type of physical activity you are doing. Try to achieve 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity each day, raising your heart rate and burning calories.

Continue Learning about Getting Started with Weight Loss

4 Tips for Lasting Change
4 Tips for Lasting Change
We all know that making a physical change in your life often starts with a change of mindset as much as a change in behavior. Research shows that this...
Why should I know my metabolic rate before I begin a weight loss program?
To begin a weight loss program, you need to figure out your metabolic rate based on your age, he...
How do I begin changing myself?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Do anything differently. It doesn't matter what it is; simply find something you do on a regular bas...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals