What causes extracranial germ cell tumor (childhood)?

Researchers have not yet determined what causes extracranial germ cell tumors in children. They do know that tumors form when germ cells, which eventually form sperm in males and eggs in females, grow out of control and clump together. The exact cause of germ cell's malfunctioning remains unknown.

Continue Learning about Germ Cell Cancers

How do I manage my germ cell tumors on a daily basis?
To improve your chances of recovery, follow your treatment schedule for your extracranial germ cell ...
Are there alternative treatments for germ cell tumors?
The term "alternative" can be problematic when discussing treatments for childhood extracranial germ...
How do I prepare for an appointment about a germ cell tumor?
Before you meet with your doctor about possible symptoms of a childhood extracranial germ cell tumor...
How do I care for someone with germ cell tumors?
To improve your child's chances of recovery, follow the treatment schedule for extracranial germ cel...