When might regurgitation require surgery?

Harsha Vittal, MD
Gastroenterology
If regurgitation is causing serious problems and can't be solved by changes in lifestyle, surgery may be needed. In this video, gastroenterologist Harsha Vittal, MD, of Good Samaritan Hospital describes the procedure used.

Continue Learning about GERD

Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Heartburn occurs when digestive acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus, the muscular tube that connects the throat to the stomach. This cau...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with GERD and heartburn?
American Society for Gastrointestinal EndoscopyAmerican Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
You should make sure that he or she has been evaluated by a physician to determine the appropriate t...
What is regurgitation?
Dr. Darria Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Gillespie, MD
The definition of regurgitation is simply fluid or material moving backwards; in the body, there are...
How Can Acid Reflux Affect My Voice?
How Can Acid Reflux Affect My Voice?