What are prokinetics?

Prokinetics are a treatment option for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). They help to strengthen your lower esophageal sphincter so that stomach acid does not enter your esophagus. Some drug and brand names associated with prokinetics include bethanechol (Urecholine) and metoclopramide (Reglan).

Continue Learning about GERD

What is the difference between heartburn and acid reflux?
Heartburn and acid reflux are different in that acid reflux is a medical condition and heartburn is ...
Is GERD the same thing as heartburn?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is an often chronic malfunction of the muscle between your es...
What medications treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)?
Most people treat the first symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn with ov...
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?