Why do humans stink?

Anthropologist Louis Leakey suspects body odor was intended originally to make human beings repellent to animals who sought to eat them.

Research conducted on the topic of body odor has found that people produce scents called odor types, which are based on genetics and on environmental factors, such as what you eat.

A study conducted in 2006 found that vegetarians produce a more pleasant and attractive body odor than those who eat meat.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Can You Overcome Your Genetic Disposition?
Actress Angelina Jolie announced in a 2013 New York Times editorial that she had both breasts removed. The reason: a heightened risk of breast cancer ...
What is stem cell transplantation?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Stem cell transplantation is when a person gets healthy, new stem cells to replace unhealthy bone ma...
What are genes?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Genes are the instructions for making human bodies, including the machines inside the body's cells. ...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?