Can a telomere be repaired?

Elissa Epel, PhD, MS
Integrative Medicine
Telomeres (strings of DNA that protect chromosomes) shorten due to stress. the enzyme telomerase can lengthen them again. In this video, Elissa Epel, PhD, associate professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco, explains.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
In April 2019, the Federal Trade Commission returned almost $515,000 to consumers who bought deceptively marketed “Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy” between...
After a stem cell transplant, why is it important to avoid public places?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
After a stem cell transplant, it is important to avoid public places because the transplant leaves t...
What are genes?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Genes are the instructions for making human bodies, including the machines inside the body's cells. ...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?