Is happiness genetic?

While there is no single "happiness gene," researchers have found that the genes that determine certain personality traits also determine whether we naturally feel satisfied with life or yearn for more. Even so, there are plenty of ways for natural cynics to refocus their energy on good things - such as pursuing fulfilling goals and performing acts of kindness - which trains them to be happier.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Why is it so difficult to find a donor for a stem cell transplant?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
It can be difficult to find a donor for a stem cell transplant because not all stem cells are the sa...
How are stem cells used in spine surgery?
Riverside Community HospitalRiverside Community Hospital
Stem cells and their benefits have been investigated in relation to spine surgery in the recent year...
Why might someone with cystic fibrosis (CF) have special dietary needs?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Someone with cystic fibrosis (CF) might have special dietary needs because they don't have enough en...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?