Will I have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) for the rest of my life?

Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a chronic, recurrent condition that often worsens during stressful life periods. However, those who complete treatment can substantially decrease their levels of anxiety and even return to their normal daily routines and relationships. The goal of treatment is to make your anxiety a manageable part of your day instead of your entire day. Although many people cannot be “cured,” medication, therapy, traditional healing methods, and self-care can help to substantially alleviate the symptoms of GAD. See your healthcare professional to set up a treatment plan tailored to your needs.

Continue Learning about Generalized Anxiety Disorder

What is the rate of incidence for generalized anxiety disorder?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
While most people have experienced a bout of anxiety at some point, 5 to 11 percent of people experi...
Where can I find help for a loved one with generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
First, recognize that generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a real and serious illness and not a cha...
What is generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)?
If you find yourself worrying too much in your everyday life, you may want to see a doctor. You ...
Why is it important to support someone with generalized anxiety disorder?
Those with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) need more than just therapy, medication, traditional h...