Hyoscyamine sulfate is an antispasmodic medication that helps to control the symptoms of various disorders of the intestines, stomach, and urinary tract. Hyoscyamine sulfate provides relief from colic, cramps, and painful muscle contractions by decreasing stomach fluid secretion and decreasing stomach and intestinal motion. When taken with narcotics or morphine, hyoscyamine sulfate may be used for kidney stone or gallstone pain. It can also be used to relieve the pain and control the excess secretions of pancreas inflammation. Other disorders that hyoscyamine sulfate may be used to treat or control include Parkinson's disease, some heart conditions, excess saliva production, peptic ulcer, and rhinitis. The brand name for hyoscyamine sulfate is Levsin.
- Q Are generic drugs as safe as name-brand medications?
- Q What should I know about the MDP Multidose Kit of Technetium Injection?
- Q What is an international unit?
- Q What should I know about hyoscyamine extended-release tablets?
- Q What are fibric acid derivatives?
- Q How do statin drugs affect aging?