What parts of the brain regulate emotions?

Ronald Siegel
Studies support the notion that the left prefrontal cortex is generally associated with positive emotions and the right prefrontal cortex with negative emotions. Researchers have also identified the anterior cingulate cortex as active in emotional regulation, and that part of the brain is often called the "affective division" of the cingulate cortex.

Continue Learning about Functions of the Brain

The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The word Mediterranean is Latin for “middle of the Earth.” The Ancient Romans gave the sea this name because it was the center of the earth as they kn...
What is the insula?
Dr. Marsha LucasDr. Marsha Lucas
The insula is a radically underappreciated part of the brain. It's been called by Daniel Siegel,...
What is the relationship between the brain and the mind?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
The brain is the central processing unit of the body and plays a key role in translating the con...
What Happens If I Don't Move Around During the Day?