What is neurogenesis?

Neuorgenesis is the process by which the brain makes new cells.

A study of the environment of a marmoset shows that when these primates are under stress, their brain cells retreat and stop producing new cells.

On the other hand, marmosets in enriching environments have enriched brains to match. They show increased and denser brain cells.

If you ever go home from work feeling especially brain-dead, it may be due to the combination of the bland particleboard walls in your office and being subjected to overhearing inane conversations.

Continue Learning about Functions of the Brain

The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The word Mediterranean is Latin for “middle of the Earth.” The Ancient Romans gave the sea this name because it was the center of the earth as they kn...
What Happens If I Don't Move Around During the Day?