How does the brain store memories?

Storing a memory is a standard process for your brain. Healthy cells communicate to each other and pass the memory to the hippocampus, the area of your brain used for storage. When you need that memory, the process works in reverse and you can recall it.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Functions of the Brain

The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The Mediterranean Diet and Your Brain
The word Mediterranean is Latin for “middle of the Earth.” The Ancient Romans gave the sea this name because it was the center of the earth as they kn...
Does brain chemistry play a role in boredom?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Scientists know that boredom-prone people may have naturally lower levels of dopamine than others wh...
How can I overcome resistance from my brain to change my behavior?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
Although the brain can change, it usually won't do so without putting up a bit of a fight. That's be...
What Happens If I Don't Move Around During the Day?