Why do I sweat so much?

There are at least three things that could be causing so much sweat. You have to make sure your thyroid gland is normal. If your thyroid is working overtime, it will make you sweat a little bit. Thyroid issues are the most common hormonal problem in America. If you are feeling a bit off, your doctor can check it with a simple blood test.

Another cause of excessive sweat could be the presence of toxins, such as mercury, in your body. That sweat is your body's way of ridding itself of the toxins.

The third possibility? High blood pressure. If you do have high blood pressure, the danger lies in more than what an antiperspirant can cure.

While optimal blood pressure is 115 over 75, the average American's blood pressure is 130 over 85. And what happens to the average American? Often, they die of a heart attack. You don't want to be average; you want to be optimal.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Functions of Skin

What is the skin's function?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Conveniently located on the outside of our body, the skin serves many vital functions that are e...
How does my skin grow?
Your skin grows from the constant replacement of skin cells. Every inch of your body contains mo...
How does sweating help in the detoxification process?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
One really important and much-overlooked element in the process of detoxification is sweating. Your ...
Why am I getting a turkey neck?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
“Turkey neck”—as it’s charmingly called—is what happens when the skin underneath your chin becomes l...