What is the relationship between DHA and myelin?

DHA or docosahexaenoic acid makes up myelin, the cover over nerve fibers that ensures the fast accurate movement of nerve impulses. Watch the animation to learn more about DHA and myelin.

Continue Learning about Functions of Nerves

What gives us our sense of balance?
What keeps you steady? Besides your spouse's ever watchful eye, four things that make up your balanc...
Why do I sneeze when I look at the sun?
The culprit: The photic sneeze reflex, which usually causes more than one sneeze and occurs in appro...
How do the nerves of your body communicate?
Amid all the moosh and goosh and squoosh that's jellied up under your skull, there's the ultimate co...
How do spinal nerves cross the bone to the rest of the body?
Long spinal nerves branch out into nerve roots that pass through openings between the bony arches in...