What's a word game that can benefit my brain?

Here's a word game you may not have played before -- Sentence Scramble. It's a quick, fun word game that keeps you intellectually engaged and gives your creativity a boost as well. How do you play Sentence Scramble? First, take a newspaper, magazine, or book and turn to a random page. Next, select a paragraph (any one will do) and go through it. Take every fifth word from that paragraph and write it down, until you have a list of eight to 10 words. Now you are ready to play! Take that list of word and make up a sentence, using only those words -- the quirkier and sillier your sentence, the better.
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Memory

Can a Healthy Heart Protect Against Dementia?
Becoming a little forgetful is a normal part of aging. But if someone has large memory gaps, often wanders and becomes lost, or their behavior changes...
How can I learn new things to improve my memory?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
To learn new things, challenge yourself with word games and puzzles, stay informed about the world a...
When can babies begin making memories?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Psychologists have found that children as young as 3 months old and as young as 6 months old can hav...
How Is Auditory Memory Different from Visual and Other Sensory Memory?