What do my rhomboid muscles do?

The rhomboids are key muscles in the mid/upper back that squeeze the shoulder blades together and provide stability for the shoulder complex. They are very important postural muscles that tend to become weak due to the prolonged amount of time people spend in seated positions.

Continue Learning about Functions of Muscles

What is the most important muscle for improving my vertical jump height?
This common question is not easily answered.  Many muscles contribute to a vertical leap, includ...
What is the difference between fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscles?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Fast-twitch muscles are used in quick, forceful muscle contractions such as sprinting or power l...
How many muscles does it take to frown?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Science doesn't have a definitive number, in spite of what you might have heard or read in an e-mail...
What is the function of the hamstring muscles?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
On the back of the thigh are the hamstring muscles, which have origins at the back of the ilium as w...