How many muscles does it take to frown?

Science doesn't have a definitive number, in spite of what you might have heard or read in an e-mail. People's frowns vary; some folks have more facial muscles than others, giving them the ability to be more expressive.

Continue Learning about Functions of Muscles

How do nerves in muscles communicate with the body?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Under ideal circumstances, the nerves in muscles are constantly producing and transmitting infor...
Why do muscles change shape, size, and consistency?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Muscles have the ability to adapt to external forces, and when placed under high demand, they ge...
How does the rib cage help me breathe?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The rib cage assists with breathing by using a pair of muscles located between each rib known as the...
What is the most important muscle for improving my vertical jump height?
This common question is not easily answered.  Many muscles contribute to a vertical leap, includ...