What causes painful cracks in my heels?

Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is important to keep your feet clean and dry and take care of heel skin as you would the rest of your skin. Cracks in the skin anywhere can cause infection and other complications. Other conditions such as vascular disease and diabetes can cause decreased circulation to your feet and hands and cause cracks in the skin.

Do you sometimes suffer from painful cracks in your heels and want to know why this happens?

Watch the video to learn more from Dr. Oz about what causes cracks in your heels.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
How can I keep my feet healthy?
Looking after your feet can keep you free of problems that may lead to pain and even disability. The...
How can I buy shoes that are comfortable and fit properly?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some tips for buying shoes that are comfortable and fit properly: Make sure there’s a qua...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?