How do I know if my blister is infected?

Aaron Nelson
Sports Medicine
A blister is usually infected if you see an increase in redness around the formation of the blister. Also, the liquid in the blister is normally clear. If it consists of an abnormal color or pus, it is probably infected. It is important to have a physician address an infected blister as this can turn into a more serious problem if not taken care of right away.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

What lifestyle factors can affect foot health?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Many of the same things you do to maintain your overall health can also help your feet stay heal...
How can I keep my feet healthy?
Looking after your feet can keep you free of problems that may lead to pain and even disability. The...
How can I get a safe pedicure?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
Overall, pedicures are okay but make sure the pedicure technicians use disposable blades and ste...
How can I treat corns and calluses?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Treat corns and calluses. These hard, thickened areas of skin can be treated with warm soaks and slo...