How do I practice good foot care?

Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check them regularly. Wear clean, dry, well-fitting socks and shoes. Wear proper shoes for sports, such as good running shoes for jogging. You should also cut your toenails straight across, not curved, and talk to your doctor about any foot problems you might be experiencing. Be especially careful if you have diabetes or another circulatory problem.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
What are Southey's tubes?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
English physician Reginald Southey, in the 19th century, introduced the use of small tubes to treat ...
How can I avoid fungal foot infection?
To avoid foot fungus, keep your toes dry and try to expose them to the sun. Many people who think th...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?