How do I practice good foot care?

Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check them regularly. Wear clean, dry, well-fitting socks and shoes. Wear proper shoes for sports, such as good running shoes for jogging. You should also cut your toenails straight across, not curved, and talk to your doctor about any foot problems you might be experiencing. Be especially careful if you have diabetes or another circulatory problem.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
What causes painful cracks in my heels?
Wear and tear can cause painful cracks in your heals because your feet get a lot of use. It is impor...
How can I treat corns and calluses?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
If you are prone to corns or calluses, cushion the affected area with moleskin to relieve pressu...
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels
Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels