Should I talk to my doctor about my athlete's foot symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Family Practitioner

Many people try over-the-counter athlete's foot products to treat their athlete's foot symptoms. However, if you've never had athlete's foot before or you are unsure that you have athlete's foot, you should see your doctor to confirm a diagnosis. In addition, if your case is severe, or if your athlete's foot does not go away using over-the-counter products, you may want to talk to your doctor. Your doctor may want to examine you and ask you about your risk factors to help you find relief.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

Why should I moisturize my feet as I get older?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
As you move into your 50s, 60s, and beyond, your skin may begin to dry out. Unless you moisturiz...
More Answers
How do I practice good foot care?
Diana MeeksDiana Meeks
Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check ...
More Answers
How can I treat corns and calluses?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Treat corns and calluses. These hard, thickened areas of skin can be treated with warm soaks and slo...
More Answers
How can I have healthy looking feet?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
A doctor offers these tips to maintain healthy-looking feet all year round: Soak feet regularly ...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.