Will my new shoes give me blisters?

If they don't fit properly, they may. If they're too tight or a little too loose, they can cause increased friction, which puts you at an increased risk for blisters.

You can avoid friction blisters on your feet by wearing the right shoes and socks.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Foot Problems, Solved
Athlete’s Foot Athlete’s foot, or tinea pedis, is an infection that leads to itchy, burning, scaly and inflamed skin. It’s caused by ringworm, a fungu...
What are foot ulcers?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
A foot ulcer is a break in the skin of the foot. By definition, ulcers are breaks in a membrane. Foo...
What is nail care?
Nail care, the maintenance of the fingernails and toenails, is important for health as well as cosme...
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?
Do Your Feet Look Good Naked?