How can I treat corns and calluses?

Treat corns and calluses. These hard, thickened areas of skin can be treated with warm soaks and sloughed off with a pumice stone. Corns can be removed by a podiatrist. Avoid over-the-counter treatments that contain acid, as they can burn skin or cause ulcers.

Continue Learning about Foot Skin and Nail Care

How can I make sure my shoe fits me properly?
Andy Sharry - Sharecare Fitness ExpertAndy Sharry - Sharecare Fitness Expert
I coach hundreds of runners of all shapes, sizes, speeds and abilities.  The single most important p...
How can I repair the dry cracked skin on my feet?
Dr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNDr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
The use of a moisturizer on your feet after bathing/showering can be helpful in softening the hard s...
What are affordable options for moisturizing my feet?
Joshua A. Zeichner, MDJoshua A. Zeichner, MD
The best moisturizers for the feet are products that tend to be a thicker in consistency than those ...
How do I practice good foot care?
Taking care of your feet is essential to keep them healthy. Wash and dry your feet daily, and check ...