How are heel spurs treated?

Heel spurs are treated by treating the tight plantar fascia, which is usually the cause of heel spurs. Heel spurs occur secondary to Wolff's law that says that bone will remodel based upon the forces placed upon it. When the plantar fascia is tight, with activity it pulls too greatly on the calcaneus. Then the calcaneal bone remodels and forms a spur. Treatment of the tight plantar fascia is the goal in treating heel spurs.

Continue Learning about Foot and Ankle Conditions

Worst Case Scenario: I Wear High Heels Every Day
High heels may turn your outfit up a notch, but they can wreak havoc on your body. “Other than how they make you look, there’s very little upside to ...
How can other health conditions affect foot problems?
Fawcett Memorial HospitalFawcett Memorial Hospital
Health conditions, like diabetes, can cause foot problems, such as swelling, sores and even tissue d...
How can heel pain be treated?
Heel pain is a common problem with active people and can be very debilitating. If the patient has p...
What Is Recovery Like After Ankle Surgery?