What is the best way to store my green beans?

Store green beans in an airtight container in a moderate zone. Don't snap off ends until they're ready to be used.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

A Good Reason (Besides Taste) to Avoid Canned Foods Whenever Possible
In the late 18th century, Napoleon offered a reward to whoever could figure out how to safely preserve food for his traveling army. Nicholas Appert se...
How should turnips be stored?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
If you have purchased turnip greens with roots attached, remove them from the root. Store them in th...
How do I safely store fruits and vegetables?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Here are tips to safely store fruits and vegetables: Promptly store produce that needs refrigerati...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks. Have you ever op...