A Answers (1)
Botulism food poisoning can be treated with medication if caught early. The medication is an antitoxin that prevents the botulism toxin from further damaging the body. However, even with treatment, paralysis may last for weeks or month, and fatigue and shortness of breath may continue for years. The doctor may administer medication to induce vomiting or bowel movements. This treatment will remove any contaminated food that is still present in the stomach or intestines.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.