What are signs that my baby has a peanut allergy?

Peanut allergies usually develop during infancy and early childhood. Symptoms in babies include a rash like eczema (which can be seeping and crusty) or hives (raised red bumps). Babies with peanut allergies may also have digestive problems like diarrhea and vomiting. As your baby gets a little older, peanut allergy symptoms may include fewer rashes but may begin to include shortness of breath and a runny nose. Talk to your child's doctor if you notice these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What You Need to Know About Peanut Allergies
Whether you’ve read the tragic news stories, know someone who’s had a serious reaction, or experienced a close call yourself, you’re likely aware that...
What causes wheat allergies?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Certain foods prompt the body's immune system to react in abnormal ways. For people with wheat aller...
How can I avoid foods I'm allergic to?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
To avoid foods you're allergic to, it is important to pay close attention to food labels as it can o...
All About Milk Alternatives
All About Milk Alternatives