What is oral allergy syndrome?

Paul M. Ehrlich, MD
Allergy & Immunology
Oral allergy syndrome or OAS is a type of food allergy classified by a cluster of allergic reactions in the mouth in response to eating certain (usually fresh) fruits, nuts, and vegetables, unlike the symptoms associated with food allergy generally, which affect multiple body systems, like the skin, respiratory, and digestion.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Everything You Need to Know About Food Allergies
Whether shrimp makes you itchy or eggs give you hives, you’re in good company. Food allergies affect around 32 million Americans, according to the non...
How common are food intolerances?
Nancee Jaffe, RDNancee Jaffe, RD
Food intolerances are incredibly common. Lactose is a big one. Up to 50% of the U.S. population has ...
What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?
Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:Talk...
All About Milk Alternatives
All About Milk Alternatives