What foods can I eat if I have a soy allergy?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Managing your soy allergy on a daily basis requires being aware of the foods you eat and the products you come into contact with. The most important thing you can do is avoid soy products, so you should always check food labels and talk to restaurant staff about the contents of food.

If your child has a soy allergy, make sure school or daycare officials are aware of this and are prepared in case of a reaction. Since it may be impossible to completely avoid exposure to soy products, carry medications including antihistamines or an epinephrine injector in case of a severe reaction.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What Can I Do If I Suspect I Have a Food Allergy?
Why Should I Avoid High-Fructose Corn Syrup?
How Can I Get My Digestion Back on Track?
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?