Should I talk to my doctor about my peanut allergy symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you notice any symptoms of a peanut allergy, you should talk to your doctor. This is especially important because allergic reactions to peanuts can be life-threatening if they're severe. A doctor or allergy specialist will be able to diagnose the cause of your symptoms and recommend the best treatment options for your condition.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

If I have a food allergy, how can I avoid having a reaction?
To help Americans avoid the health risks due to food allergens, Congress passed the Food Allergen La...
What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?
Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:Talk...
What are some of the symptoms of a food intolerance in children?
Symptoms of food intolerance in children can present in many different ways. Watch for rashes and sp...
What Increases My Risk for a Food Allergy?