Can massage help improve my flexibility?

Yes, massage can help improve flexibility. The major benefits of massage for the muscles include greater relaxation, a decrease in knots, a decrease in tension, and an increase in blood supply to help flush out toxins. All of these benefits perfectly prime the muscle to achieve an increase in muscle length during a stretch. The stretch (which should be held for 30 seconds) should be performed following the massage for the muscle.

Massage therapy can improve flexibility.  There are many different techniques available that can relax the muscle, stretch the joint and relieve points throughout the area, creating better overall motion.  By making sure each muscle is working properly, you will find optimal motion. 

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How should I do hamstring stretches?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Tight hamstrings are a very common condition that is best alleviated by light daily stretching. ...
What are the new trends in flexibility exercises?
Dynamic flexibility is a great alternative to “traditional” static stretching. This type of stretchi...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?