Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?

As with any nutritional supplement, it is a good idea to tell your doctor you are taking flaxseed oil. Your doctor can tell you about possible drug interactions and flaxseed oil risks that might likely affect you, given the other medications you take and your health profile. Your doctor can also recommend other ways to treat or prevent your medical condition if flaxseed oil is not right for you.

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

What is the difference between flaxseed oil and linseed oil?
Both flaxseed oil and linseed oil are extracted from seeds of the plant Linum usitatissimu. Flax...
How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
Store flaxseed oil supplements in a cool, dry place, such as the refrigerator. Light, heat and a...
What are the benefits of eating flaxseed?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Flaxseeds aren't just a beneficial omega-3 source, they are also rich in anti-cancer lignans, an...
What Are the Health Benefits of Flaxseed?