Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?

As with any nutritional supplement, it is a good idea to tell your doctor you are taking flaxseed oil. Your doctor can tell you about possible drug interactions and flaxseed oil risks that might likely affect you, given the other medications you take and your health profile. Your doctor can also recommend other ways to treat or prevent your medical condition if flaxseed oil is not right for you.

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

How much flaxseed oil supplement should I take?
Talk to your doctor about whether flaxseed oil supplements are right for you and if so, what the...
How does flax seed work?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
Omega-3 fatty acids can help lower your risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as reduce the risk...
Can flaxseed help my complexion?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If you're eating a low-fat diet, flax seed can boost the essential fatty acids the body needs to pro...
What is the maximum recommended daily dosage for flaxseed oil?
The recommended daily dosage of flaxseed oil varies based on age and health. Ask your doctor wha...