Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?

As with any nutritional supplement, it is a good idea to tell your doctor you are taking flaxseed oil. Your doctor can tell you about possible drug interactions and flaxseed oil risks that might likely affect you, given the other medications you take and your health profile. Your doctor can also recommend other ways to treat or prevent your medical condition if flaxseed oil is not right for you.

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

What are flaxseed oil supplements?
Flaxseed oil supplements are made from the seeds of the flax plant and are available as capsules...
Can flaxseed help my complexion?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If you're eating a low-fat diet, flax seed can boost the essential fatty acids the body needs to pro...
What are the other names for flaxseed oil supplements?
On the label, flaxseed oil supplements may contain the Latin name of the flax plant, Linum usita...
What Are the Health Benefits of Flaxseed?