How can I get relief from pain caused by flat feet?

Aaron Nelson
Sports Medicine
If you have flat feet, try to avoid flat soled shoes such as sandals and flats. Over the counter inserts/insoles with an arch support will also usually help, but if you are having significant pain, seek the help of a podiatrist and be fitted for custom orthotics. Massage may also help reduce the pain by helping bring more blood flow into the soft tissue on the bottom of the foot. If your pain persists, talk to your physician or a foot and ankle specialist to seek more options.

Continue Learning about Flat Feet (Fallen Arches)

How do I care for fallen arches or flat feet?
Many people with flat feet have no symptoms, but some people with flat feet experience pain and swel...
What type of shoe is best for foot disorders like flat foot?
Dr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNDr. Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
You want to find a shoe that fits your foot well and provides the support that your foot needs. This...
Why are women more likely to develop posterior tibial tendon dysfunction?
James P. Ioli, DPMJames P. Ioli, DPM
Women who have worn high heels for extended periods may be most at risk of posterior tibial tend...
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain