Why do I lose my senses of smell and taste when I'm sick?

The senses of taste and smell are often deadened when one has a cold. In this video, Dr. Oz explains what happens to these senses when a cold hits.

Continue Learning about The Five Senses

How does the sense of touch work?
Dr. Doris Day, MDDr. Doris Day, MD
Your skin gives you the sense of touch through the myriad nerve endings all over your body. Touch is...
How can I correct my anosmia?
To correct your anosmia, talk to your doctor. He or she can find the underlying cause of your anosmi...
What are the main senses that babies use?
Babies use all of their senses, even before they are born. Watch this video with Dr. Mike Roizen and...
What is the best way to prevent anosmia?
There are several things you can do to prevent anosmia. It is important to quit smoking, wash your h...