How can I correct my anosmia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

To correct your anosmia, talk to your doctor. He or she can find the underlying cause of your anosmia. Often, the inability to smell is caused by a condition that can be corrected, such as allergies, smoking, or an obstruction in the nose.

Continue Learning about The Five Senses

What is the best way to prevent anosmia?
There are several things you can do to prevent anosmia. It is important to quit smoking, wash your h...
Does anosmia affect women differently than men?
Anosmia does not affect women differently than men. Anosmia is the loss of sense of smell, which may...
How many senses does a human being have?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The standard list of five senses doesn't give our bodies credit for all the amazing things they can ...
What Are the Main Senses That Babies Use?