How much time should I allow myself to reach my goals?

People generally set short and long term goals. Long term goals are the end goals you hope to achieve: looking better, feeling better, feeling stronger, losing weight, etc. Short term goals help you achieve the long term goals and are the most important goals to focus on. Short term goals are the confidence building goals. They are the building blocks for getting you to where you want to go. For example, if you have a long term goal of wanting to lose 20 pounds in 6 months, a short term goal might be 2 pounds a month or a half pound a week with other corresponding goals to help you get there: walk twice a week for 15 minutes and garden twice a week. Reaching short term goals usually depends on when you want to reach the end/long term goal. Goals should be re-evaluated and revisited once a week. They can be changed and re-arranged as often as you'd like. The time allotted to reaching a goal depends on what the goal is and how much time you need to invest versus the amount of time you are currently putting in.

Continue Learning about Fitness Goals

What Should My First Exercise Goal Be If I Want to Get In Shape?
3 Ways a Personal Trainer Can Help You Get Fit
What’s the Secret to Keeping a New Year’s Resolution?
How to Set Smart Goals for Weight Loss and Exercise