How can I make sure I do enough physical activity every week?

When it comes to getting the physical activity you need each week, it's important to pick activities you enjoy and that match your abilities. This will help ensure that you continue to do them and derive the maximum health benefit of being active. If you have a disability, please check with your health care provider before engaging in something new.

• Try to do a variety of activities to make physical activity more enjoyable and reduce your risk of injury.
  • Regular physical activity can still be safe and beneficial even if you have problems doing normal daily activities, such as climbing stairs or walking.
  • If you have to take a break from your regular workout routine because of an illness such as the flu, be sure to start again at a lower level and slowly work back up to your usual level of activity.

Continue Learning about Fitness

Your Exercise Wake-Up Call
Your Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up CallYour Exercise Wake-Up Call
Skipping a regular workout can put you at risk for serious health problems, including cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn how exercise protects your...
What Can I Do If I Feel Intimidated by the Regulars in My Exercise Class?
What Breakdancing Moves Can I Use for Exercise?
5 Fun Summer Workouts
5 Fun Summer Workouts