How do I give rescue breaths to an infant when performing CPR?

• After giving 30 chest compressions, give 2 rescue breaths, covering the infant’s mouth and nose with your mouth. 
  • Each rescue breath should last about 1 second and make the chest clearly rise. 
  • Continue cycles of 30 chest compressions and 2 rescue breaths.

Continue Learning about First Aid Techniques

How do you perform CPR chest compressions on an infant?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Give 30 chest compressions using the pads of these fingers to compress the chest.  Compress the c...
What is the head-tilt/chin-lift technique to help open an airway?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The head-tilt/chin-lift technique moves the tongue away from the back of the throat, allowing air to...
What three things keep the right amount of blood flowing in the body?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
The heart must be working well An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood must be circulating in the ...
How do I record information of my interview of an injured or ill person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Preferably, have someone else write it down for you. Give the information to EMS personnel when ...