What is a home remedy for minor burns?

Minor burns are initially treated with cooling and cleansing. First, remove clothing and debris from the area of the burn, then use cold tap water to cool the skin. Avoid using ice, as this may worsen the pain. Once cool, the wound may be cleaned with mild soap and water. Further treatment depends upon the severity of the burn, and a medical professional should assess this.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Tailgating Traumas to Avoid
Tailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to Avoid
Get your party on and get home safely. Football season is here! Dedicated tailgaters are hitting stadium parking lots across America, braving the cold...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals. Summer is in full swing, and that means you’re probably spending lo...
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver