How can I help a victim who is not breathing and has been under water?

For an adult, give 2 rescue breaths as you would for a child or an infant once you determine there is no breathing.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
Tips for a Safe, Fun Fourth of July
Tips for a Safe, Fun Fourth of JulyTips for a Safe, Fun Fourth of JulyTips for a Safe, Fun Fourth of JulyTips for a Safe, Fun Fourth of July
Celebrate your Independence Day while staying safe with these 5 tips. The Fourth of July is a blast: What’s not to love about grilling, friends and fi...
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t BandagesThe Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: 9 First Aid Kit Essentials That Aren’t Bandages
Gauze, gloves and other must-haves to patch a wound, wrap a sprain and more. When emergencies arise, having a well-stocked first aid kit, kept in an ...
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?