A poultice is a soft, moist, substance spread between layers of gauze or cloth and placed hot or warm onto a body surface. This helps blood flow and reduces pain. You can make a poultice for back pain by placing the paste of chopped herbs that have been lightly cooked or mashed between layers of cloth. Apply the tepid, moist poultice to the painful site, and allow it to stay in place as long as possible. Repeat several times each day.
- Q Can I use first aid on strangers?
- Q How do I give first aid for frostbite?
- Q What is a first aid kit?
- Q How do I give first aid for hypothermia?
- Q How do I give first aid for an insect sting or bite?
- Q How do antibiotic ointments interact with other medications?