How do I make a castor oil pack?

Castor oil has been used for centuries to boost healing. Many women still find that castor oil packs are helpful in reducing pain and inflammation. To make a castor oil pack, pour some castor oil onto a dry cloth. The cloth should be wet but not dripping. Place the cloth on the painful area, whether the abdomen, lower back, hip, or shoulder. Put a plastic covering over the wet oiled cloth, and then put a heating pad or hot water bottle on top. Use this daily for 20 minutes or until the pain subsides.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Bug Bite Symptoms You Should Never Ignore
Along with backyard barbeques, picnics and humid hikes on summer days, come bug bites—lots of them. Some may simply go unnoticed while others are so i...
In an emergency, what should I do for the person after calling 9-1-1?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Check the person for life-threatening conditions, and give the necessary care: Do no further ha...
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July5 Tips for a Safe 4th of July
From fireworks to backyard barbeques, here’s how to help ensure your July 4th is fun and injury-free.
What Emergency Items Should Be In My Family Medicine Cabinet?