If I have a minor burn how should I cleanse my skin?

Minor burns may be washed with gentle use of mild soap and tap water. Avoid using skin disinfectants, as these may slow down the healing process.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
5 Lifesaving Emergency Tips
Most people don’t think about what they’d do in an emergency beyond calling 911. But did you know that the average time for an ambulance to arrive fro...
Tips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
Tips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe HalloweenTips for a Fun and Safe Halloween
From candy to costumes, these tips will keep your kids safe this Halloween. Scary decorations, pumpkins on doorsteps and incredible candy sales at the...
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver
How to Use an EpiPen
How to Use an EpiPen