How should I treat a groin injury?

After the injury occurs, apply ice and rest the area. After three days, begin some light stretching. (This answer provided for NATA by the California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Kid’s Safety: Worst Foods For Choking
Kid’s Safety: Worst Foods For Choking
A new study in the Journal of Pediatrics highlights the most dangerous foods for choking -- and the ones that lead to the most ER visits. According t...
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally
Morihei Ueshiba, founder of the Japanese martial art of Aikido, once said, “The spirit is the true shield.” While there’s no doubt Ueshiba was onto so...
When should I call 911 at an emergency scene?
You should call 911 at an emergency scene as soon as you are aware or arrive at the scene. This will...
What is the first important thing I should do to help an injured person?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Calling 9-1-1 or the local emergency number for help. The call taker will send emergency medical ...