How should I care for someone who has been poisoned by dry chemicals?

• In the case of poisoning with dry chemicals, such as lime, brush off the chemicals with gloved hands or a cloth.
  • Carefully remove any contaminated clothing, but avoid contaminating yourself or others.
  • Flush the affected area thoroughly with large amounts of water.
  • Be careful not to get any chemicals in your eyes or in the eyes of the person or bystanders.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Distracted Walkers: The Next Texting Danger
Two of our favorite cartoons poke fun at a serious and growing danger: Distracted walking. In one drawing, a man is walking across the street, texting...
What can I do if someone has fallen in my home?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
If someone has fallen in your home: – If they are not breathing start CPR and stop any bleeding w...
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Natural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really WorkNatural Mosquito Repellents That Really Work
Find out how to ward off mosquitoes without exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
What Does the CDC Do to Help Make the US and World Safer and Healthier?