How can I help an unconscious person if they are breathing?

Keep the person lying face-up and maintain an open airway by using the head-tilt/chin-lift technique as you continue to look for other life-threatening conditions.

Continue Learning about First Aid, Safety & Preparedness

Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
Say Goodbye to Antibacterial Soaps
In the 1966 campy TV romp, It’s About Time, two astronauts, Mac and Hector (Frank Aletter and Jack Mullaney) travel back in time and meet cave-dweller...
What should I do for my child in an emergency?
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and ChildrenTulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children
If you need to tend to your child in an emergency, stay calm (if you freak out or panic, so will you...
Tailgating Traumas to Avoid
Tailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to AvoidTailgating Traumas to Avoid
Get your party on and get home safely.
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?
What Are Some Grilling Safety Tips?